Monday 11 August 2008

Ready for Cutting

This is some glass I've put together for a new art deco inspired panel - provisionally entitled "Gatsby". When I'm choosing colours I'll put them against the window adding and taking away glass until I find the right balance.

I then moved these to a slightly safer place (the floor!) and I've decided that they'd make a beautiful garland too. So again I place ribbons against the pieces to find a good match. The little pink flower ribbon I bought in Lyon last month - it's so pretty and perfect for these glass colours. The satin ribbon I've stained with tea and coffee to try and mellow the colour - I've no idea why I bought such a garish yellow in the first place!! I may leave it this colour now or try painting it, we'll see. I do get obsessive with certain glass and at the moment it is this wispy champagne in the right of the picture. It will make totally gorgeous flutterbys too....and some earrings....

Anyway..the glass will sit like this, in it's pretty chaos until I've time to do the panel - hopefully in the next couple of weeks :)

3 comments:

X by Leina Neima said...

Have no patience to see this beauty queen...

Kreativlink said...

That swirly glass is SO beautiful!

glasfaden said...

Beautiful combo. Lovely colors & materials.