Friday 28 January 2011

Shadows in a Jeweller's Garret ...


When I was making this piece I had those beautiful old European buildings in mind - like the ones I saw in Budapest - with the loft rooms windows edged in stained glass, dust mots floating around and a jeweller / watchmaker sitting at a table in the corner.....


I used 15 colours of glass in blues, teals, rich greens, mauves and topaz and 24 different glass beads ranging from Swarovski to vintage european and contemporary beads.

It moves very softly in a gentle breeze from a window - the feel is very light and dreamy I think ..


You can find it in my Etsy shop here

3 comments:

M.M.E. said...

I can definitely see the influence. I love your color choices. Very calming.

kraplap said...

love this piece Pam; it's absolutely stunning !

Lala's Pequenos said...

So beautiful! I love the hues that you chose. When I took a stained glass course one of the most difficult things was choosing the colors!