Thursday 14 April 2011

Flower Bomb Hits the Garden

I came back from a trip to Ireland this week to find that the garden had exploded !! Not even 6 days away and WHAM!! colour and fluffy stuff everywhere ....and those pesky nettles :/  I wonder if this year is going to be a bumper year for the plants?  The lizards are like Godzilla and the bumble bees HUGE ... just hope the snakes and spiders don't follow suit !!

some pics I took yesterday

 under the apple tree is starting to look wild!



forget-me-nots are are spreading everywhere




cowslips and violets have replaced the snowdrops

 pear blossom



 cherry blossom


plants are sprouting up everywhere!  I'm thinking a gardener would be nice luxury!!!











5 comments:

The Sun and the Turtle said...

Your garden is huge and Beautiful! what an amazing surprise you found after your trip. Here in Finland the flowers are still sleeping. Looking forward for some colors!

Lucie said...

Your garden is magnificent! Blooms are beautiful! The spring has arrived in Brittany too, the first roses are about to burst :)

Amy said...

Lovely. Makes me wish I could spread a blanket and daydream there!

Pamela Angus said...

thanks girls - I'm enjoying the Spring colour because later in the year it's work work work :/

..did I mention the ants are on the large side this year too ... maybe best with a hammock Amy :D

OneCraftyFox said...

Welcome back sweetie!! Gawd, I wish I had a garden like yours :)